Based on recommendations from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, and The College of Psychologists of Ontario, please review the policies and procedures that have been implemented in our office to safeguard the health of our clients and staff.
- When an appointment is booked, clients will be sent a mandatory COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire by email that will be required to be filled out and returned to the office 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- Clients will be reminded to self-screen prior to entering the office on the day of the appointment. A notice will be placed on the outer office door as a reminder.
- Clients will be required to check-in at the Reception Desk upon arrival to confirm that their symptom screening was completed.
- In the case that a client reports that they are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, they are asked to not attend the appointment and to call to notify the office as soon as possible to reschedule or arrange a virtual appointment.
- Client appointments will be scheduled to limit and, where possible, eliminate having people gathered in waiting areas.
- Clients are asked to arrive as close to their appointment start time as possible. This will minimize the overlap of clients in waiting areas.
- Seating in waiting areas and within treatment rooms will be spaced to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet wherever possible.
- Individuals accompanying clients but not participating in the service, such as a parent or those providing transportation, are asked to wait elsewhere and return to meet the client after the appointment is scheduled to end.
General Office Practices
- A daily log of everyone coming to the office, staff and visitors alike, will be kept in order to provide contact tracing should a case of COVID-19 be associated with our office. Arrival and departure times of each individual, including staff themselves, will be recorded accurately and the log maintained.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the waiting area and treatment rooms.
- Common areas and other high-touch surfaces and objects handled by clients and staff (e.g., reception counters, chairs and seating areas, door handles, credit card machines, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected after each use where possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the office in both the waiting room and treatment rooms for client and staff use before/after touching surfaces, sneezing, blowing nose, wiping eyes etc.
Provision of Services
- Given the size of our treatment rooms, therapists and clients are able to maintain distances of more than 6 ft.
- Therapists will be strictly adhering to our 50-minute session policy. Although this has always been the case, many therapists do see clients right up to the hour. To maintain social distancing measures, the 10 minute interval between clients is required.
- Although in-person visits are available, they are not mandatory. Clients can choose to receive services virtually via telephone or on our confidential virtual platform with the eventual goal of returning to in-person visits as the COVID-19 pandemic resolves.
- Therapists and clients will be masked during treatment sessions, unless clinically contraindicated, or if either the therapist or client is medically exempt.
We place a high value on the relationships we have with our clients and believe strongly in the therapeutic importance of the human need for face-to-face interactions. As long as we are permitted, and it is safe to do so for all parties involved, we will continue to offer our services in-person wherever possible, and offering virtual services wherever it is not.
We thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey toward good mental health.
The Cathy Nagy Psychology Team